Steeped in History
One day in 1905 a group of Premier mine employees got together to form the Premier Mine Golf Club.
The area chosen would certainly have been the general area of the present day Cullinan Golf Course.
Mr William McHardy was the first President and
Mr AF Pack the Captain and the club champ in 1907. As early as 1954 it was recorded that the course was the best 9-hole layout in the country and Bradley Type greens were planted.
In 1969 it was decided that the course needed redesigning and a letter was sent out to Bob Grimsdell and Wilkes, asking them to look at the course. They recommended that the greens and the fairway on 5,7 & 8 be re-positioned. Much of the course design remains whilst some necessary modifications and aesthetic revamps have been made.